- The twelve participating artists draw lots to determine a random order in which they will join the Relay.
- The Relay programme curator selects an initial Object to serve as the starting point for the Relay ‘chain reaction'.
- The Object is not revealed to the participating artists until the beginning of the programme, at which time it is given to the first artist to take away from the gallery.
- The artist then has a short time - about 48 hours - in which to alter the Object and return it to the gallery where it is documented and exhibited for the rest of the week.
- The next artist in the chain is then given the object to take away, alter and return for exhibition...
- The Relay continues with each artist altering the Object in turn.
I am the 6th artist in line for the Aspace Arts plinth and so have an anxious week ahead while I wait to collect the object before responding to it myself and returning it to the plinth next tues.
Follow the journey so far at http://www.rulesandregs.org/relay11.html and watch this space for my response!